why aiptasia, why now?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Gexx, Mar 5, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

ok so i have aiptasia but there small still i dont want to mess with peppermint shrimp so what kind of kalk paste do i need? its mainly on one rock but that rock has a shroom on it so i dont realy want to bleach it (if this would work the best then i will take the shroom off) adn i have one on another rock. so is it any kind of kalk paste, or just certain types?

2. Click Here!

3. Craft kid21

Craft kid21 Banned

DUDE just go buy some joes juice it took care of my aptasia its only liek 6 bucks to

4. DanKistner

DanKistner Coral Banded Shrimp

I took a meat injector and filled it with regular white wine vinegar. Stabbed the aiptasia and injected the suckers... They have been gone for months with no sign of new ones.

5. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

lemon juice, heat it up and inject them. they die instantly. then some peps for the small ones you cant get with a syringe. worked like a charm for me

6. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I cut them off the rock...I make a note of where they are and cut the rock from around them that way I don't puncture it.

7. DanKistner

DanKistner Coral Banded Shrimp

Yeah you don't want to scatter pieces of it because I have been told each piece may be able to regenerate into a new one!

8. Click Here!

9. Dr. Bergeron

Dr. Bergeron Peppermint Shrimp

You could just get a peppermint and then move it to your fuge when it's done eating all the aiptasia?

10. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

To answer your question. I believe you can use any type of kalk paste, but Im no expert on this.

11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

How many different types of kalk paste are there I wonder :hehe:

Kalk is kalk, there is no difference between them. Just make a thick paste using r.o. water and place a glob on your aiptasia. The way you described it, it seems like it's too small of an anemone to inject it with anything?

12. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

pull the rock, chisel away the section with the shroom and nuke the rest. or paste, or put the rock into a hospital tank with peppermints. put it back into the DT when they're done harvesting the anemones