Whooo...

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by Rustynuts, Sep 6, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Rustynuts

Rustynuts Flamingo Tongue

Okay, just had a major tank clean. Took a blade and scraped the base and sides as much as I could. The little gits wouldn't get out of the way though, as if they were playing chicken with me to see how close they could get. :cheesy: No matter, I got the place fairly well spruced up for them. I've also managed a definate head count now that we can see the bottom of the tank, and we have 16 of the fellas now. Still another 10 or so which haven't morphed yet aswell.

Just doing a water change and then I'll see if I can get some better pics. Unfortunately, they like to sit under the heater, and wouldn't move even when I was cleaning so it might be hard to get any decent ones.

Edit: Here's one wifey just took on a proper camera.

Note, all the previous pics were taken on a Nokia N78 camera phone.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  2. Click Here!

3. 1st time

1st time Purple Spiny Lobster

Wow, look at that little fella--he is really cute! Congrats, it looks like you are doing great.

4. Rustynuts

Update for today (day 20). Just some community shots, as there's nothing much changed from yesterday really.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Tundraburg

Tundraburg Bristle Worm

6. Rustynuts

Okay, brief technical update:

There's only a couple of fry left which haven't morphed, and there's in the region of 30 Tomato Clowns (too hard to count them). We've increased the water content in the tank, and the sponge filter has finally gone in to aid filtration. The sponge has been running in the main tank for about a month now, so should be well seeded. An added curiosity for the Clowns are the few small turbo snails which hitched along on the filter, and are now shuffling around on the bottom. That'll help keep things clean. Our main tank has about 100 or so of these as we had a spawning [correct terminology?] a while back.

We've also managed to move over onto pulverised flake feeding aswell, and a good few of the bigger Clowns are taking flake, which is the main reason for adding the filter.

All looking good now, and we've managed about a 50% success rate on the number which we started out with. I'm happy with that. ;D

7. Tundraburg

Tundraburg Bristle Worm

keep up the awesome work/success and please keep us posted with new information and pic!!!.

8. Click Here!

9. J.A.C

J.A.C Astrea Snail

nice job, i really appreciate all of the advice you have been giving me. keep us updated with the progress.

10. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

Great job and conrgrats again!

11. Rustynuts

Okay, gonna up the stakes a little now. Here's a vid! 8)

Link.

1 person likes this.
  12. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

nice vid , well done on the sucsess rate. keep up the good work