Who Would Have Thought ?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by oceansurf, Feb 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oceansurf

oceansurf Purple Spiny Lobster

Recently I went to visit my sister & her husband in Vancouver. Because they knew I love aquariums, they took me to a Restaurant called " Fish Lovers."

Well, to say I was in paradise would be an understatement. They had big tanks, small tanks, built in tanks &, on the walls, they had what appeared to be pictures, but were actually aquariums for small fish.

I guess what amazed me the most was, they had a 30 gallon with a parrot fish & an oscar. Well, if anyone had told me that you could put 2 fish that grow so large, in the same 30 gallon tank, I would have called them a liar, but , there they were right in front of me. They looked absolutely beautiful in the same tank together. There was no argession. They appeared to be quite content. Presently in my 30 gallon, I have a parrot fish & a pleco. What are your feelings about the oscar ?

2. Click Here!

3. divott

divott Giant Squid

wish i could help, but heres a bump.

and gotta find a way to post pics ocean. this teasing is no fun. :)

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I think you are looking for trouble adding the oscar in. I would guess they added the two fish in at the same time.

5. tturbolife1

tturbolife1 Flamingo Tongue

i had them in the same tank(55) at one point. you are going to be adding the oscar to the parrot tank correct? if so then you would need to worry about the parrot fish being territorial(from my own personal experience). i think the fish you saw were put in to the 30 gallon tank as BIG fish already.