who likes watching there mantis shrimp wreak havok?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by mantis, Dec 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

LOL

They are "scary smart" aren't they? My last peacock was did something that no other mantis I ever had did. I'm sure it's because Snuggles lived at the store instead of at a home. He would actually raise out of the water and look at customers who were checking out. They then wanted to feed to "pretty shrimp". Figuring out that cause and effect seems pretty smart to me. No other critters got fed by customers.

2. Click Here!

3. mantis

mantis Flamingo Tongue

Yea, they are probably smarter then alot of humans

4. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

They do have three brains...

5. mantis

mantis Flamingo Tongue

Do they really have 3 brains? If so that's cool. So anyways I'm glad we are all on the same page here, about letting our mantis do what they were born to do, destroy! Beat the ever loving life out of whatever they want. Mantis shrimp are so smart that they even target the claws on a crab to smash off first to get rid of any risk, has anyone else noticed this also?

6. NaClCrocodile

NaClCrocodile Skunk Shrimp

Unfortunately my mantis is more like a lizard than a godzilla when it comes wo wreaking havoc... I think my clown would probabaly kill him if he got the chance.

7. Dobrzemetal

Dobrzemetal Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

LOL, i love that avatar JWIN. Yeah I agree mantis shrimp are awesome! Heres beck checking out things [​IMG]. Beck consistantly cracks me up when he peeks out through the rock with like 1/3 of his body exposed then goes back in to another spot and repeats, funny, never throught a crusteacan could be so funny.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. mantis

mantis Flamingo Tongue

Hey my g. Glabrous, gabby does that she peeks through a crevice at me, then a minute later peeks through another crevice, what kind of mantis is beck? It has the samecolormeral spot as gabby, except her whole body is orange, males are different though

10. Dobrzemetal

Dobrzemetal Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Well, Im not an expert by any means but I think hes a peacock. Beck has the pretty tail but I don't know if other mantis shrimp have that trait. So far I haven't been able to confirm if becks a female or male yet.

11. mantis

mantis Flamingo Tongue

Hey, it's defanately not a peacock, I'm 100 percent sure. It looks like a smithii or a male g. Glabrous, it's not a smithii either, I'm really thinking it's a male g. Glabrous, which is cool cause g. Glabrous are rare

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  12. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Definitely doesn't look smithii to me. I'd need a better picture to be positive on things, though.