Who here has nanos?

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by OoNickoC, Jun 8, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

Ive been on and off for sometime now. I fizzed off the boards before midterms and am now on summer break. ANy who, theres alot of new members so i was just trying to see who has small reefs. I have downsized to a measley 2.5 gallon reef (used to be a qt and is about 2 years old). SHow me your nano tanks.... ;D

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

I am getting ready to set up a 10 gallon with a med. aquafue (length of tank) ;D

Some pics would definitely help me get a better idea of what to put in mine! :)

4. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

i have a 12 gal, and im july im getting a 24 gal :) im beta testing the lights for a company near me...awsome deal! ill let u guys know how they r and when they go retail u can all buy em!!! lol

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I have a 2.5 gallon nano that used to house a mantis shrimp (died during a molt earlier this year) :( It now holds a mated pair of harlequin shrimp.

6. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

I have a 12 gal nano cube. I love it. It's the perfect size, its in our bedroom. It has a 12 gallon sump. It hold 2 clowns, 1 nano reef goby. Many leathers, a bta, and some fungia plates. [​IMG]

7. Linda

Linda Feather Duster

We're neighbors - Sacramento!

I have a 29g Nano that's about 3 mo. old. Here's a side view (hope the pix not too big). I'll post more pics when I get my shipment of corals from Tangster/AAT situated.
    [​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Nice pic. Tank looking really good!

See you are already planning a larger tank with that tang in there. ;)

My 12 gal. is doing well also. Have noticed corals are growing faster and expanding more (only 24 watts of light) then identical ones in main tank.

Who would have thought. :confused:

[​IMG]

Have fire/blood shrimp in main tank, but never get to see him.

But one in nano is visible all the time as it has nowhere to hide.

[​IMG]

10. Linda

Linda Feather Duster

Thanks, Omard - yours is absolutely stunning. Bigger tank down the road - wanna make sure I can keep what I've got going for a year or so before I started spending thousands instead of hundreds! LOL.

Fire shrimp is fearless! Sees my hand in the tank and goes after it! Scared the hell out of me the first couple of times. He don't hide cause he's always lookin for a fight!

My tang is just itty bitty about 1-1/2 inch head to tail - soooo cute. Hopefully I can watch him grow into a big beauty!