White star polyps

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Gaspare, Nov 9, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

WoW! You guys both get karma for that.

[smiley=thumbs_up.gif]

4. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

Hey omar, in regards to your colt I found with my colts (1 each in 2 tanks) That if you put them in medium to low current but put higher current above them the respond really well. They open up more completely, grow larger and I have propagated them for friends. I should note that both tanks were taken down and sold so to a move but they did well for the 2 years up and running and once my current 90 is cycled I will be adding a colt to that. Also both of my colts seemed to deflate or lie down when i shut off the return or power heads no matter what the lighting was doing (on/off) so if yours is not opening or staying open you might check flow.

5. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

I see this post was started long ago and wondered 3 things. #1 how are your polyps doing now? #2 did the clam get shipped and is it surviving? and most impoortanly #3 I have green star polyps and put them in my tank with 2 65W PC lights in a 50 Gal tank and they opened right away? is this a normal response and then close up? or is this good? they are on top of my LR near water surface. just got them today and are my FIRST EVER coral so hope they live long and prosper. please respond and let me know any type of expectaion with them as far as growth and multiplying/Spreading

6. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Bump... im curious too new2salt2 youll be fine with that lighting.if they opened up already.look at my album that pic of my GSP was taken 2 hrs after i put them in. same lights as you in a 135g

7. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

cool and my LR goes a bit higher than yours too. you dont raise hard coral in that with 65 watt lights do you? can i expect my polyps to multiply and spread to other rocks ? if so how long does it take? they seem to be quite crowded on the small piece of rock i bought them on.

8. Click Here!

9. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

No hard corals yet ive got 3 400w MH that i was waiting on a canopy for, got  up recently so sps soon.
    Let them get use to yor tank about a month or so then theyll start branching out. they look like a white head pimple when they do start to spread.

<------ thats the new canopy

10. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

yea i noticed that hood last night when i looked at your gallery.. nice one.