white spots

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by zzzzzzzzpr, Oct 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zzzzzzzzpr

zzzzzzzzpr Purple Spiny Lobster

what do u mean? ive moved rocks around since i saw a vid on utube on how rocks are surpose to be. like i said i have 7 fish 2 are around 3in. rest are around 1or 2in so i could have more fish til i upgraded then i realized i needed to get rid of some. i could give u a count of everything i have in this tank if it helps.

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Your tank is actually fairly new 5-6 months.

When you purchase fish, move things around, remove things, add things basically just mess around with the tank you cause stress.

Add to that you have fish that are susceptible to marine ich, tangs.

Unless you treated for what seemed to be ich in previous post, every time you mess with the tank, add fish, over stock, over feed (like feeding a lobster)ich will continue to be a problems and one day when something dies, you over feed, pump stops the system will coming crashing down and ich will wipe out most if not all of your fish.

The majority of the information you are seeking in found in another thread of yours if you review the links.

http://www.3reef.com/forums/fish-diseases/yes-another-thread-ick-111291.html

Trust me we want to help.

4. zzzzzzzzpr

the thing with links arent always rite and doesnt give the info i need/want. so ill have a 10g ready in a few days maybe if i took out the fish and any other critters that may be bad for copper would it help? but like i sais im adding a sump in about 2 days removeing LR to different location in the sump, DT and filter. so i talk this as a bad thing? ive read all kinds of threads and every1 have their own words bout saltwater. if my fish die so be it i can get others ive always wanted not to be a ass about it but i LOVE this hobby. im off of work due to medical conditions for 6+ months. none of my fish are scraping them selfs like freshwater fish with ick. im sorry if i made any1 feel bad or insulted them. like i said im new and wanta learn fast so when i get my 300+g DT i know what im doing. thank you.

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Exactly what is it you are looking for?

You want to learn and you love this hobby, but ........

Nothing good happens fast in this hobby

Go slow let it grow

Lastly you can not stick tangs and rabbit fish in a newly set up 10 gallon tank.

Love the hobby enough to stop buying fish and inverts until you get a stable system.

Good luck to you.

1 person likes this.
  6. zzzzzzzzpr

i have a 55g DT atm tank is stable all prems are on the money except cal which is around 460 but was told its ok. im not trying to rush anything but corals. i love them more then the fish and i think the wife does as well? atm im low on cash so im trying to keep it up the best i can. it was i woke up 1 day and had all kinds of white spots on my sailfin then later they were gone. with freshwater ick doesnt go away from my experince(sp). ive played with frsh water over 20 years so this is all new too me. but my only question is if my clearner wasse doesnt like ick why is it going after the white spots on the fish which is only 2 of them. i have anothere question about cleaner shrimp. are they as good or worse then a cleaner wrasse?

7. Reefing Madness

Reefing Madness Skunk Shrimp

Doesn't get any better than this.:thumbs_up

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Reefing Madness

Reefing Madness Skunk Shrimp

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part I by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com