White spots (snail eggs?)

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by sykes_33, Oct 5, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mattgeezer

mattgeezer Montipora Capricornis

sporid worms??? thats what ive always thought :)

2. Click Here!

3. Chubby

Chubby Astrea Snail

Amcarrig might be right.

Look very closely are they spiral? Or do they look like white mushy material.

I had these Spiral Fan Worms for sometime, i still have some risidual left over.

They are a pain for acrylic tanks as you cant use the scrubber without scratching your tank.

Chubbs

4. jammers

jammers Plankton

white spots on rock

75 Gal 10 month new tank all live rock
    I have the pictured white spots on my rock but not on the glass?
    also I have quite a few. Are they the same?

5. Don

Don Plankton

Hi, I'm new to this forum and thought i'd put in my two cents. I don't know what snail eggs look like. those don't look exactly like tube worms. tube worms will start off as a hard speck on the glass (remember they are calcium) and then end up with a little curve to them as they grow, eventually they will be a complete circle.
    Then they will grow toward the center of the circle and start growing out away from the glass from the center of the circle. I have lots of these little tube worms all over my tank glass. It takes a few weeks to get them through all those stages I just mentioned but when they do you can see them fan out if you look at them close enough. If you tap the glass they will suck back in (sometimes this helps since they are soo small it can be hard to tell what you are looking at).

I will post a picture if anyone wants one.

6. david7700

david7700 Flamingo Tongue

Well, It really IS a worm, and not a snail. I tapped the glass as suggested and saw the "antenna" (or what I thought was) move back in to the tube! Are these tube worms a problem? I have a bit of hair algae on the glass I'm dealing with too..
    [​IMG]