white spots on my glass!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by kevink, Oct 25, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kevink

kevink Astrea Snail

notice a lot of it in today and yesterday coming out of nowhere, taking a closer look at it found out its a living thing crawling on my glass. looks like tiny fleas.

cant really take a pic its too small for my digicam to focus on it. anybody know what it is? harmful or dont matter?

will be disappear since its not that pretty on my glass :-[

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Most likely copepods. I'm assuming your tank is new. If so, they will go through population explosions but you will eventually end up in a balance and you won't see them often in these numbers.

4. kevink

kevink Astrea Snail

yea tank is still pretty new only got a brown tang that my sister brought home in the tank. :)

i found it rather cute. o and recently my skimmer is producing a little more microbubbles that it did before besides looking ugly a bit is it harmful if there is too many bubbles around?

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Give the name of your skimmer. Some skimmers and/or sumps can be modded to remove microbubbles. They definately detract from the looks of a tank.

As far as harmful is concerned....no worries. There are old wives tales about microbubbles causing problems in fish gills but the people who started these tales have apparently never seen the bubbles generated by waves crashing over reefs.

6. kevink

kevink Astrea Snail

viaaqua multi skimmer. a bit noisy but not a big deal on that my pc makes louder noise. used to works fine no microbubbles when it first started now the tank looks a bit dirty from far cause of the bubbles though my tang died at first and polluted the water but turns out its just got heaps of microbubbles. :worried: