White spots on Blue tang

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by TMartinez, Oct 7, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Hi tony/abru and welcome to 3reef.

I highly encourage you to read the links in this thread. You're going to run into the parasite, and it's possible you've already introduced it to your system. Understanding conservative vs other treatment options as well as the life cycle of Cryptocaryans is really half the battle, once you know the options and understand the parasite you will be less likely to loss fish and money.

2. Click Here!

3. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

sigh...if knowing what you are dealing with is half the battle (and i agree) a healthy diet is another quarter of the jump towards the solution IMO look into home made fish food.

90 gallons is a little tight fit for a blue hippo, i have yellow B regal in a 120 and thats also not ideal. when young they grow extremely quickly.

im saying this because limited room will stress you animal out and consequently make it more prone to the attacks of the parasite, so you may see this happen again and again.

however as mentioned in my honest opinion a healthy diet can take you a long way. i say this being well aware that i have ich in my system but my fish dont seem to get attacked by the parasite and are able to naturally ward it off

Here is my culprit, colors are a little off due to my lights and the phone taking the picture

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  4. Swisswiss

......this is actually a year old post....

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Actually it's two years old, and in the wrong section. Just wanted to give the new member a chance to see the responses to their post. Now it's moved to disease and given a proper burial.

6. Swisswiss

amen

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.