White spots on Blue tang

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by TMartinez, Oct 7, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

I don't think your friend will like you very much if you were to introduce Ich into his tank. I don't know what to tell you really. This is a good lesson to you and your wife though.Tangs never do well when overcrowded. The foxface would be fine by itself in your tank but when you add a yellow and blue to that small of a tank this is the kinda thing that happens. Aggresion is not always visble.i.e. chasing or torn fins. Non physical aggresion can be just as bad.I am so sorry I know you love your fish and it sucks.:cry::cry:

2. Click Here!

3. TMartinez

TMartinez Bristle Worm

Blue tang is only about 5 inches currently so there is plenty of space for everyone...

So the ich parasite would settle on the corals too??

There's a few hundred dollars worth of fish in there I'd like to have some kinda game plan...

4. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

This has got to be the best response to somebody having Ich that I have heard. Or any other tank borne disease. When I get Ich in my tank, I'm going to make sure Vinny threads my Inquiry, cause he knows how to let a person down gently, and still get the right point across......;D

1 person likes this.
  5. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

1.TOMONT STAGE: May last anywhere from 3 - 28 days or even longer depending on water temperature. You can not see ich in this stage, it is attached to the substrate.
    Read that first link it has alot of good info. The size of the tang is only part of the equation. Even at 5 inches it may have room but these fish school in nature. You take it out of a school place it with an enemy of sorts(yellow) and you can see how this would be stressfull. Its just not natural for them. At least in a larger tank it could have some of its own space.
    You could use your ten gallon to house your corals but it will need to cycle.Then treat the DT.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  6. TMartinez

TMartinez Bristle Worm

Well all i can do is get some Garlic Xtreme and try that....

7. TMartinez

TMartinez Bristle Worm

how lethal is MI? i've see freshwater ich kill a tank in 2 days...

8. Click Here!

9. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

1 person likes this.
  10. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

maybe move the corals to the 10 gallon and treat the tank with hypo and raise the tank temperature to shorten the reproduction cycle of the ich, this doesnt kill the ich but it has less time to find a host or maybe move the corals to the 10 and put all you LR in a tupperware with water a heater and something to circulate water (filter, power head, airstones, etc) then remove the substrate from DT while treating with hypo and raising the temperature to shorten the reproduction cylce or just ride it out and see what happens, thats all i can say

11. tony/abreu

tony/abreu Plankton

I think i just have the same problem. Just got a blue tang, and he is scraching on the rocks, like air spots all over his body. What should i do???

12. tony/abreu

tony/abreu Plankton

And i don't have a spare tank to separate them. I think i will take it back to the store. Its just been two days since i got it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.