White Spots In Seam

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by AdamS, Oct 3, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. AdamS

AdamS Coral Banded Shrimp

I filled up my 120 gallon today and before i had filed it i saw air bubbles in one seam and as i filled it nothing has changed and they havent expanded or changed. Now a couple hours later im noticing in some seams there are these white dots. Should i be concerned? They are about in the middle of the seal. Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Another member of this forum just had a similar problem with many air bubbles trapped within the silicon, his went on leak in the area. I would contact the manufacture and provided pictures for them. If you can please post a picture of the seam.

A few very small bubbles would not bother me, but many would make me nervious.

4. M-Ocean Man

M-Ocean Man Flame Angel

agreed!!!

5. AdamS

AdamS Coral Banded Shrimp

Well its morning now and there are no more white spots. There are just a few spots in the seam and 2 very small lines. The other air bubbles are bigger but havent grown or expanded. Unfortunatly all the pictures i try and get come out bad and its hard to tell because of glare.

6. M-Ocean Man

M-Ocean Man Flame Angel

do you have a macro setting on your camera/phone?

If you are taking a close-up picture it will almost always be blurry without the Macro setting enabled . . . .