White Spots Blue Tang

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by yellowviper, Aug 18, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reiple

reiple Fire Shrimp

Craig my tang keeps doing the sideways stand on a CBS, I guess it got tired and cleaned it just so it would go away! ;)
    A lysmata however is still better than a cbs!

2. Click Here!

3. jnbahwkins

jnbahwkins Fire Worm

I have ich in my tank spotted it today.bought a yellow tang the other day,brought it home and for 2 days was breathing rapidly then i noticed little white spots on my tang and clown.the good news is that my yellow tang is breathing better now and eating real good but the bad news is my clown is freaking out and will not hold still for my cleaner shrimp to clean him like it did for the tang..

4. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

I bought a pair of skunk shrimp a couple of weeks ago. I don't know that they have done anything but hide back in the rock and my hippo still has spots and now one has come up on my foxface. I paid $50.00 for these two shrimp so I hope they will get busy and do what they are suppose to do. One may have died, I see only one tonight back behind the cavern.

Cindy

5. Dave_J

Dave_J Astrea Snail

My skunk shrimp (Jacque) hung out behind my rock for a few weeks too! It took him about a month before he would start cleaning my Blue Tang (Dory). It also took awhile before Dory presented herself to Jacque. Dory had some white spots at one time (grains about the size of fine sugar) but they are gone. Thanks to Jacque! Jacque is now cleaning my newest addition - a Atlantic Pygmy Angel (Cherub Angel). I agree with the rest of folks - a cleaner shrimp or two is beneficial for Tangs etc.

auf Wiedersehen!
    [smiley=cool4.gif]

6. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

Well maybe there is still hope for mine. My hippo is also named Dory. I guess most everyones is. My skunks may not like my water since the nitrates and phosphates are so high. I hope it doesn't kill them. I was leary about paying as much as I did for them but felt like I didn't have any choice.

Cindy

7. hoodoo

hoodoo Fire Shrimp

well, if your nitrates and phosphates are so high (what do you mean by high), why don't you do something about it?
    A waterchange for a start maybe?
    I would not add any fish to a tank where the water is not real good. That only adds stress.

8. Click Here!

9. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

10. hoodoo

hoodoo Fire Shrimp

hm, well, I now red the first 2 pages (you're right, it's long ;)

I guess I was shooting a little too fast ... sorry about that.

11. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

12. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Cindy,

Any nitrites are lethal to inverts, FYI! Monitor and do water changes if needed.