Which setup ?

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by jborlace, Jun 30, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jborlace

jborlace Purple Spiny Lobster

I have a coralife lunar 4 bulb fixture. Next week I'll be ordering new ATI bulbs. I don't have any corals at the moment but will try corals again when I get the new bulbs. I'll start slow with some ZOAs and GSP or mushrooms. Not sure what combo to get. I like a little blue but not to much. For instance with just the two actinics on that's more blue than I like. With all four bulbs on( other two are just daylight ) that's a little to white. Would like it a little bit more blue. Any suggestions ?

2. Click Here!

3. tgood

tgood Sea Dragon

I like the same look you are describing, I currently have the stock light on tank which has 6 daylight 10k LEDs and 4 royal blue LEDs. It is still slightly more white than I want so I bought a CREE bulb with 8 blue and 4 white. I haven't gotten to set the bulb up yet but when I do I think that will be the balance I'm looking for. Probably like 60% blue and 40% white.

4. jborlace

So nobody has any recommendations on which bulbs to get ?

5. NYGiants

NYGiants Coral Banded Shrimp

I personally just got 2 ATI Coral Plus and 2 ATI BLue Plus and love the look... you should try it...

6. jborlace

I was thinking about that or the two blue plus, purple plus and aqua blue