Which RO to Buy

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by ChuckN, Aug 17, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ChuckN

ChuckN Plankton

2. Click Here!

3. Jakerupe

Jakerupe Skunk Shrimp

I think that Luna has bought one through that store so he may be able to give you some feedback.

4. railroader46

railroader46 Skunk Shrimp

I have a Air water Ice compact ro/di. Works very well

5. suzique

suzique Flamingo Tongue

Um....My mom always said " You get what you pay for". One of our sponsers here on 3reef, Products and answers for your water treatment needs. have a great selection, all prices. I ordered my Typhoon III from there and I love it. They're great people to work with and shipping is fast. I really like the fact that their canisters are clear so you can see how dirty your filters are getting.
    I only have a small tank, but when you take into account all the money and time you have invested, needless to say the relationship you develop with your fish and inverts and the pride you take in your corals and aquascaping. I wouldn't trust my system to just any ro/di. The quality of my water is the lifesource to my whole ecosystem.;););)

6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I bought this unit from Marine Depot, it was a little expensive, but as stated below, you get what you pay for.

[​IMG]

In addition, I have found out in the past that those real cheap items turn out to be a P.I.T.A.. When you try to get some technical questions answered or replacement parts, they are nowhere to be found. But when you get your items from "real" and a name brand, you get better service. Luna

7. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

The horizontal DI units are junk. You'd have to get a stand alone vertically mounted DI canister and toss those 2. Check the FAQ page here: www.buckeyefieldsupply.com
    They have great quality units, with the best quality carbon blocks and sediment filters. The ebay units are more of a pita in the long run like Luna said.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

as long as your final product is 0 ppm on your TDS meter then IMO they are the same....