Which Red Slimer Remover for Cyno?

Discussion in 'Algae' started by ccscscpc, Jan 18, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Marie0912

Marie0912 Fire Shrimp

I have done everything to get rid of cyano, its been in my tank for 6 months now. I changed all my bulbs, bought a ro/di unit, put more flow on my rocks, i used to run my lights 12 hour and now down to 9 hours total I have a fuge with cheato. I try some of the slime remover but I did not have many corals in there it went away for a week and came back so I firmly beleive that if you don't find the problem why it's in here it will come back. Thats just my personnal opinion but i would not risk your beautiful tank with that stuff. I manual remove it and its slowly going away.

Good luck love your tank by the way

2. Click Here!

3. ccscscpc

ccscscpc Millepora

Thanks!!!

I am leaning towards manual removal and letting it run its course. The last think I want to do is damage any SPS I have.

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I used in once in 2006 and it worked like a charm, but I had only soft corals and an anemone. It did return like 4 months later and I adjusted the flow and it went away.

Now my gf used it in a tank dominiated by hard corals and sps and it almost crashed the tank. Related I have no idea, but it scared me away from the stuff.

I hear good things about it all the time, so hard to wade through what is urban sw myths and fact. I suppose if it was over running the tank I would probably give it a try.

Good luck again, I hope it works out for you.