which of these doser's?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Grant, Feb 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Grant

Grant Feather Duster

2. Click Here!

3. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Neither.... Profilux standalone doser.

4. Grant

Grant Feather Duster

where did you buy your profilux from? I do like that one, but the few places i've found are quite pricey. I am interested.

5. jonjonwells

Honestly, I haven't bought it yet. My tax return isn't here yet. I have read too many good reviews on this thing to pass it up. They are expensive, I must admit, but not much more than any other fully controlled doser.

GoToSleep uses Profilux as well as some others on here (they quietly hide this fact). Very highly recommended by them.

Just wanted to throw another option out there.

You can buy direct off of their site.
    .........will try to hunt it down real quick.
    http://www.ghl-direct.com/ghl-dosing.php
    found it

6. Grant

Grant Feather Duster

Thanks jonjonwells. I kept finding sites in German. This makes my decision harder.

The Bubble Magus seems to be in the same league in function as the Profilux, but at a lower price. I think they're pretty new on the US scene, so not many reviews so far. They have an offer now for the 3 pump unit, shelf, and tubing mount delivered for $280. This kinda tempts me as the Profilux is $416-$485 + shipping for the 2 or 3 pump units respectively.

I'm not opposed to the simplicity of the BRS pumps + a $16 dollar timer from Lowe's.

What to do, what to do?

7. jonjonwells

Perehidril uses this one and says it works very well too.
    I am a huge fan of the built in controllers. I just don't trust a $10 dollar timer on something that can kill every coral I own.

Aqua Medic Reefdoser Dosing Pump

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Grant

Grant Feather Duster

I have looked into that one. It hasn't gotten the best of reviews. It seems the timer doesn't work on a clock, but more like a stopwatch. Several people have said that it's a pia. But, if other's are happy with it, I'll re-open that option.