Which med?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by PackLeader, May 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I know. That's what makes it so tough. There's the dark side to each.
    The two deciding factor's for me are, that the clown REALLY does not look good, and clowns are tough as heck. I just have that feeling if I continue with the food thing, he will not make it. If he doesn't make it in the HT, at least I could say I tried. This all goes along with the current trend of things (as it is continuing to get worse with just the food treatments).
    The second is I have no access to decent cycle stuff anyways. We have no LFS here, so literally, if it's not available at PetCo or PetsMart (I will just hint at my opinion of those places since it gets me in trouble ;) ), and I don't have it on hand, I am SOL. Nearest LFS worth anything is in Sacramento or Salt Lake City.

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

hey packleader

Horns of a dilema
    make a decision , go with it, dont second guess yourself.

if you decide on course of action A and it goes wrong or if you decide on course of action B it goes wrong - either way , at least you did what you thought was best

if you cant decide between A and B - and the worse happens, while you are in A - then you will convince yourself that B would have solved the problem ( you cant know that because you cant do both)

If you cant make conditions better where they are, I say do the HT and I sincerely hope it goes well for you.

Steve

1 person likes this.
  4. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Tough one pack. You gotta do what you feel is right. And only you really know when that is. I've used MG with a slow approach to hyposalinity in the HT. However, I would think they would have a better chance if left alone. Can't say much about the chances for the tang, but, the clown should have a much better chance. If anyone would be going into HT, it would only be the tang. And that would be if gills were in serious jeopardy. It would also have to be pretty skinny/lethargic. Maybe add some extra circulation to the tank along with small water changes 'til you get parameters stable again.

2 people like this.
  5. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Well, for now, I have decided to HT the clown. I know it sounds reverse, but for whatever reason, the clown seems much more worse. I do think it's gills have been affected due to its very labored/accelerated breathing. And it's not eating. And, in addition to the ick, it looks almost like it's begun to shed it's slimecoat. The tang has spots and is scratching. That's it, so I think I am going to leave it for the time being. I know tangs are supposedly a LOT more sensitive to this, but it's definitely at the better end as of tonight.

6. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Here's a pic of the HT. I really like the fake plant. I feel like it needs some pink/purple gravel to go along with it, and maybe one of those bubbling treasure chests or shipwrecks:

[​IMG]

7. steve wright

Bottom left hand corner behind the PVC T piece
    is that the patient ? hows it doing?

Steve

8. Click Here!

9. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

He's only been in there about 10 minutes. But no worse than he was in the DT. I have since covered the tank up to make it nice and dark. I will check in on him in a little.
    I feel bad for the female. She is cruising the tank looking for him.
    Also realized to set-up the tank I used my nice digital temp probe. Which has now been exposed to copper. Looks like I have a nice electronic temp system that is now permanently for an HT ::)

10. steve wright

Hope it goes well for you
    get out of this present slight trough and I reckon some good stuff is around the corner for you. Life is like that IME:thumb_up:

Steve

11. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Thanks! I checked in on him, and he actually seems to be doing better already. His breathing seems to have slowed at least.

12. steve wright

good news, keep the thread updated if you dont mind?
    lots of people now rooting for this fish and its guardian

Steve