Which LED light? (Aquabeauty)

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by sky_blue_66, Feb 26, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sky_blue_66

sky_blue_66 Plankton

Hi All

This is my first time on these forums but i was wondering if anyone knows what the best brand of LED light to go with is? i have been looking on ebay and nothing really has stood out to me except this one brand called AquaBeauty, has any one heard of this? if so is it a good light? or any other recommendations?

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Although I have never used Reefbreeder they seem to be a very popular decently priced brand. Can not say I have ever seen the AquaBeauty brand. If you could provide some price range that would be of assistance as well.

4. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

There are so many LED fixtures on the market it would be good to give more info such as tank size,price range,and what you would like to keep in your tank.

5. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

Search Evergrow LED on ebay, they are great....I'm using one unit on my 55 gal tall with SPS and I have to tune them down. Been runing them for about 4 months no issues. I bought a second one to use for my new 90 in the works. Will use 2 fixtures for that. Check out my little build thread I started. Took a picture with just one unit over the 90 mounted in the middle for reference of intensity.
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/show-off-your-fish-tanks/90-gallon-upgrade-151953-3.html

6. sstewartss

sstewartss Plankton

7. Oryo

Oryo Feather Duster

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  8. Click Here!

9. David-

David- Astrea Snail

Are you looking for the best? Or the best on a budget? Radion pros and hydra 52s are the best right now but there pricey, Then there's reef breeders like others mentioned that are pretty good and alot cheaper so it really depends on what your budget is for the lights.

10. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

Never heard of them. I'd look into Reefbreeders, IMO really nice spectrum.

11. Pelado

Pelado Montipora Digitata

I am going led as well. I used to have T5s but they are not as energy efficient as the LEDs. I agree that the Radions and Hydra are worth the money. However, I think that Buildmyled are possibly better. Or the Giesmann. They are made in Germany and high end fixtures.
    I am just as confused as you are.

Or maybe I should go DIY and build a fixture with LED and T5s. Tough decision. Heeellp!

12. jborlace

jborlace Purple Spiny Lobster

When I was looking for an LED fixture I was getting told DIY left and right. In my opinion it's a pain in the butt and no where near cheap. I went with the Evergrow D120 full spectrum and haven't looked back. $126.00 shipped when I bought mine.