Which do you think is better?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by anpgp, Feb 18, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Interesting.

I would have gone with the spectrapure top quality whatever it is called RO membrame, but the 4 day order delay was something I couldn't deal with.
    It is unfortunate that this delay was occurring when I needed filters.

I have not used the spectrapure stuff, but I can say that I have seen enough cheap ebay units and filters that I wouldn't even try to compare them to AWI or Filterguys stuff.

2. Click Here!

3. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

[​IMG]

4. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

What can I say, I'm a water geek and needeed to prove it to myself before recommending it;D

5. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Alright, my Spectrapure filter came in yesterday and I got it all hooked up. I ran some water through to make everything worked good and it did. TDS reading going out was 0 and before the DI it was only 3. So far I'm impressed with it's quality, now I just have to remove the waste tube and adjust the ratio, man this thing is a pain to pull out. Anyone have tips on how to remove it without damaging the tube?

6. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

It should come right out if you slip a fingernail between the flanged portion of the restrictor and the tube end.

7. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

I'm talking about disconnecting the tube from the whole assembly, not pulling the capilary out, haven't gotten that far yet.

8. Click Here!

9. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid