Which Dip for New Acros?

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by justonwo, Sep 14, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. justonwo

justonwo Fire Shrimp

I received an army of acros today and dipped all of them for 2 minutes in Coral Rx (I limited the time because I didn't want to damage the more sensitive acros). Boy am I glad I did because the little guy in the photo below came off one of them. Is this an acropora eating flatworm? It sure looks like one. This coral got 15 minutes in the medicine bath. I'd rather kill it than infect my tank.

I also inspected each coral with a 16x loupe after dipping in case something was missed.

[​IMG]

This innocent looking coral carried the unwanted hitchhiker!

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. justonwo

justonwo Fire Shrimp

By the way, AquaSD believes this to be a planaria flatworm, not a AEFW. It's hard for me to tell the difference.

4. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Sure looks like an aefw to me. If you still have it take it out of water and see if you can lay it flat as the shape will give you a better I.d.

5. justonwo

justonwo Fire Shrimp

Well, he/she/it has already been sent down the garbage disposal. That's the best pic I could get.

6. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

After looking again on a bigger screen I beleive Cheryl is right.Polyclad fw.