Which controller tests for common elements?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by bigdookie, Mar 1, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

Controllers do make life easier for sure. Plus some can alert you to an issue such as a leak, pH swing, ect. Yes, ph typically will stay fairly stable but it's also one of those things that's easy to mess up without realizing it until it's too late. I plan on implementing ph monitoring on both my main tank and fresh water reservoir once I get my controller up and running.

2. Click Here!

3. bigdookie

bigdookie Astrea Snail

Whaaaat!!!! LOL Did not know it was possible. Hot dog!

This is a double post at this point because I have a similar post going towards the same discussion, but...

Is there a good controller that you recommend that comes ready for ATO use? I am basically trying to decide between buying an ATO or a controller. If I can get a controller that does both for the $200 price range, I'd be very happy.

I am currently looking at the Tunze 3135.

4. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

How electronically knowledgeable are you? Would you prefer to build most of your tank diy style or does that thought make you sick? Reason I ask is there's a diy controller build I've been following that's completely open source. Materials are below 200 at this point but you'd literally have to solder the thing together. Plus its in a beta stage so not exactly a tried and proven build but there's a ton of interest and work being done on it. Pm me if you're interested. I plan on building one myself and I'll start a build thread when I do but finances are pushing the start out a minimum of a couple weeks as of now.

5. bigdookie

bigdookie Astrea Snail

Hmmm. How electronically knowledgable am I... I USED to solder back in the day. I would mod PS2s and XBOX's with chips and sell em. BUT, did I know what I was doing more than the average person? Probably not... I just followed the directions! :D

I would be very delighted to be part of the project and take a look at what it requires.

I want to get the APEX based on what I have read on these forums and others... however it seems a bit pricey, but I love the look of the unit.

Now I need to balance between ATO ability and saving enough $$ to buy the APEX which seems to be around $400. Tomorrows my b-day... I wonder if the old lady wouldn't mind too much if I spent $400 for myself on a controller... lol

6. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

lol... idk, maybe you could get lucky but mine would freak out! I'll PM you the link for this build that's going on since it's going to be a while before i can start mine.