Where would you love to live?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Puffer Chick, Oct 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Beautiful area. Australia is definitely nice to visit but I wouldn't want to live there year round. Too many bugs, snakes and other creepy crawlies :lol: THat's not to say that I wouldn't buy a winter house there if I was rich :)

2. Click Here!

3. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

My sister could tell you horror stories about the spiders in Australia - huge creepy crawlies!

Let's see, I've lived in:

Louisiana - too hot and humid
    Washington DC area - too much stress and traffic
    Puerto Rico - nice in places
    South Florida - too hot and humid
    North Florida - too hot and humid
    Alabama - too hot and humid
    Tennessee - too far from the beach

I guess I would like to live in Maui - so far, the favorite place I've visited...

Jwin mentioned our trip to Denver - I really liked it there, but it's just too far away from the beach for me. I have to be somewhere near a coastline!

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I visited North Queensland for 2 weeks and the green ants alone are enough to keep me from living there. I sat on one and boy do they bite!!!

5. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

Ewwww - green ants! Jwin mentioned the flies - I can't imagine wearing a hat with netting around it just to keep the flies out of your nose and mouth! Yuck!

6. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Wait...Mom when the heck did you live near DC???

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

lol you guys should have taken me on the trip to Denver :D That's were i hope to end up, and finally be out of living in the bubble :D I haven't visited colorado but lol i think that's where i want to live and haul my horse up and other animals.

8. Click Here!

9. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Lived in :
    NYC... dirty , smelly , rude people, expensive.. but I love it. Vibrant always something going on.
    Wash D.C. Crazy traffic , expensive.. but I love it. Never boring.
    Miami ... too hot and nasty humid.. but I love it.. great water. Thongs. hehe
    Jacksonville.. too hot and humid.. it's ok.. nice beach
    Dallas... too hot and too flat ... plenty of good restaurants.. Very boring ...hate it.

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

lived in:

Orange County, California: lived here my entire life, lots of diversty which is awesome, some trafic, lots of people cannot drive, very boring, nothing really happens here except for a few slayings and murders once in a while but nothing to big, the nick name for my city is the bubble, lots of suburbs, good side: 30 minutes to beach 30 minutes to mountains, safe bad side: just to boring, nothing to do

11. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Chattanooga's a really good city. Not too big, so it doesn't feel dirty or cramped like most major cities, but not too small. Since it's essentially a tourist trap of the south, there is ALWAYS something going on. Tons of live music at restaurants, we have Riverbend which is a week long series of concerts along the TN riverfront, we have the Aquarium and Imax theater, tons of old Chattanooga history stuff (eh...), the Krystal Squareoff (Eating world championship), Rock City, etc etc. Plus I'm 20 minutes from down town, 45 minutes or so from 2 different State parks, and about an 1 hour from 2 great whitewater rivers. And if I feel like it, I'm only 10 minutes from the sticks/total country. You turn left out of my neighborhood and drive for 10 minutes and it becomes farms, trees, fields, and cows. You turn right, and it becomes increasing civilization.

And plus we're only 2 (give or take a bit) hours from Nashville and Knoxville, TN, Atlanta, GA, and Birmingham, AL (where I lived or 7 years)

But, I don't want to stay in Chatt town for the rest of my life. Ugh. It's nice, and a great place for someone to grow up in (public schools here suck though), but I sure ain't a livin' here forever.

12. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

I spent 3 years stationed at EL Toro in the 80's - I dont recall there ever being a lack of something to do, then again I was usually only at base for 2 or 3 weeks at a stretch, the rest of the time was spent in the desert with the scorpions and the snakes.

Like you said, 30 minutes from the sea to the mountains, 1 hour to mexico and about 2 1/2 to vegas.

My one regret is I did not take the opportunity to learn to scuba dive till 10 years later - I would urge you to take an intro course and try it out if you have any interest at all 8)