Where would you love to live?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Puffer Chick, Oct 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Australia is nice, but it's impossible to understand them when everybody has been drinking. It's happened to me a few times now. I am not sure if it's because they talk really fast or with all slang terms, but I am sure it's not even English ;)

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

I would love Australia. Lol especially cause i love Crocodile Dundee :D whenever its on HBO i always watch it and never gets old :D I also saw some old slides from my dad scuba diving in Australia like 20 years ago, it was so beautiful

4. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Alaska, or somewhere in Canada for me, but it's just a dream. I love the outdoors, wide open spaces, and cold weather. I moved to FL with my parents in 1980 during sophmore year of H.S., and just stayed. I can not stand Floridian weather. Humidity makes it impractical to spend any time outdoors. My wife and I will move once both of our careers allow.

We'll probably end up in Illinios, Pennsylvania, N.J, Michigan or Wisconsin.

Unfortunately, one's wishes and dreams doesn't necessarily coincide with reality. It's no newsflash that many folks dream of tropical paradise. In the movies, it's certainly scenic, but in real life, it's humid to the point of oppressive; and sun's rays on a hot day rival being inside a microwave oven.

That said, for an outdoor lover, it's sad that where's it's bitter cold in the winter, makes for scant work if you're a tradesman like me.

If I had gazillions of dollars and never had to work again, I'd buy a mountain in Alaska, and live out the rest of my days hunting for deer, moose, and caribou during the fall, and fishing for trout and salmon in the spring. I don't need much! :)

5. 32Boom

32Boom Coral Banded Shrimp

Come here in MI. It's plenty cold. The UP is just like a mini-alaska and gets more snow. Marquette gets like 140in of snow annually. Great for snowboarding!:cheesy:

And I imagine myself being happy in any number of places- Trondheim, Cape Town, Hokkaido, Marrakech, Buenos Aires, most places in Europe.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  6. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

I love Kihei, but I'm looking for something about 4000 ft higher. The humidy level drops and the views are awesome! the downside is i'll have a 40 minute commute to the scuba shack for my daily playtime :p

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I have seen the world over I think fiji has it as im a reef guru but alaska also has my heart! There are to many great places that are to great to pass by! I want the reef but like the country.

8. Click Here!

9. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

When I visited Alaska I stapled garbage bags to the windows lol. Still was up for nearly 72 hours.

10. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

I spent 6 weeks in Australia back in 2001, after a few weeks you wont have any problems understanding the boys in the bar :)
    If I ever win the lottery im buying a house in Port Douglas where i'll spend 5 or 6 months a year :victory:

11. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

Right!!!! I am there with you if I win the lottery ill split it with you!

12. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid