Where would you love to live?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Puffer Chick, Oct 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Isn't it awful being prone to seasickness when you love the ocean as much as we do?!

2. Click Here!

3. TBELT

TBELT Ritteri Anemone

Do the sea sick pills work for you? I used to have trouble on smaller boats (spent more then a few hours as a human chummer) and tried the pills. Worked great for me. Now I have no problems at all. I have even seen these small patches some of my neighbors use (they go behind the ear) on my boat and they seem to work unless the water is rough. When it gets rough I've seen people turn all kinds of neat colors.:laughing0

4. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

i would live off the coast some where like Brazil or Australia or better yet Thailand , im down to go when ever u are :)

5. defdad

defdad Fire Shrimp

Our plan is to move to Hawaii once the last kid is 18(7 more years). My wife spent her teens there when her family moved from Korea. Her family is still in Hawaii and a small part of mine is also there. There are places all over the world that we want to visit, but I will always live in the US.

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

that's kind of how i feel as well. Always live in the US but visit places all over the world

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Bonine works for me in calm seas. Haven't had the stones to try getting on a boat in rough seas. Even with the pills, however, it's hard to get past the anxiety that comes as a result of wondering whether the pills will wear off or if the seas will get too rough for the pills to handle. Sucks.

8. Click Here!

9. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

I would like to live in Baja!8) Very far South though. Like La Paz maybe......

10. bwalker9801

bwalker9801 Zoanthid

I've seen alot of people have good luck with those pressurepoint wristbands.

11. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

For seasickness, I've seen the behind the ear patches work like a charm. I don't get seasick myself, but on my bahamas scuba trip there were about 12 people with the patchers on all week and we had no problems all 5 days. I was 1 out of 2 people on our trip that didn't have a patch. On the first day, when asked about it I told the crew I didn't get seasick. They didn't believe me one bit :lol: 5 days on the ocean was enough to prove my point though. :)

As far as places to live, I need mountains or a beach. Which is why I'd love to live in Colorado, and they have some awesome whitewater rivers, too. I'd love to live in a foreign country for a little while, like taiwan or something. Or Australia :drool:

12. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

we actually rent out all that land, we like the solitude of living in the country but we don't like to work. our acreage had a bunch of lots and barns for livestock but we've torn everything down except some old barns. we've got about 30 acres of wide open rolling hills, a 3 acre stocked pond for fishing, a cherry tree grove and the whole pond is surrounded by a pine "forest". we plant a food plot for deer and pheasant season. it's actually darn near perfect except that there is nothing else in iowa at all. i think all of iowa has one LFS that sells saltwater stuff. your horse would love it though.