where to get live rock

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by manderson21, Dec 16, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. manderson21

manderson21 Plankton

I have a 150 g. tank and i need a lot more rock. I was just wondering if anyone has ever bought from gulf view. Or if there is somewhere better that people like to buy from.

2. Click Here!

3. yeager003

yeager003 Bristle Worm

I bought my rock from sealife inc. It was definately as pictured and the price was great.
    website is Sea Life Inc. check them out.

4. manderson21

manderson21 Plankton

Hay thanks, I will have to check them out. I have never came across them in my millions of searches.

5. tarheel

tarheel Skunk Shrimp

I just slowly added base rock, It all turns out the same given the right amount of patience.

6. nctinter

nctinter Skunk Shrimp

I thought I posted this yesterday but maybe I forgot. I bought from GulfView and the rock is amazing. I went there and saw all his rock and setup. Awesome. I got tons of life on mine and I bought the cheaper rock he sells.

7. APC

APC Gigas Clam

Im about to order for my 120 from www.liverockandmore.com. It is aquaculterd rock from the FL. Keys as oppsoed to the Gulf of Mexico. Not sure one is better then the other, I just like Keys rock better. Plus the prices are good - $4 a pound, shipping included. Hopefully its nice stuff, I will be sure to post when I get it. I talked to the diver that collects it yesterday, and he seemed knowledgable, and is willing to hand pick rocks for me (size, shape, etc).

8. Click Here!

9. Onjinsan

Onjinsan Fire Worm

I just bought 30 lb of Bali rock today, in Valparaiso, In. at place called Pet Haven. It looks really good: it looks ALIVE! I declare I may actually have a sponge on it. It has alot of purple stuff on it, little nubbins that could be good stuff, and green plants that I can't identify yet. Lots of little hole and crevices for hitchhikers.

From previous reading this stuff must have been carefully wrapped and shipped, it looks good and smells good.