Where to buy LR online?

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by spotter10701, Jun 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

That's a totally ironic name for a site that's conning people.

2. Click Here!

3. spotter10701

spotter10701 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I can only imagine how bad they are. I emailed them 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard back. Not sure what to do about getting lr now. Live Aquaria is out of the Fiji lr and I don't think I want to step up to the more expensive stuff.

4. swimswithsheep

swimswithsheep Flamingo Tongue

The Fiji LR from F&S is pretty good and relatively inexpensive as mentioned earlier. We just bought a few pounds locally because we could handpick the pieces (though was 3X more expensive than F&S)

I also just ordered and am waiting on base rock from reefcleaners (shipping today). They seem to have a great reputation here.

5. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

If you need any more base rock i can send you some, about 40lbs for $40...that includes priority mail shipping..i've sold to quite a few peeps...PM me if ur interested

6. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

Fiji has placed extreme export restrictions(essentially banned it) on live rock. The real deal will become even more expensive as legitimate dealers run out of stock and cannot resupply. Then the only place to get it will be from individuals selling it used at whatever price the market will bear - buyer beware!

any of the previously mentioned dry rock dealers will give you excellent quality and results.

7. N8thanExpl0sion

N8thanExpl0sion Astrea Snail

I bought my Figi and Florida Live rock from liverockusa.com. These guys are a whole sale shop that sells rock to a bunch of the LFS. Very cheep and they ship all over the place.

8. Click Here!

9. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

How's the rock from ReefCleaners? They're fairly close by and would save $20 on shipping if I purchase from them rather than Marco Rocks. Anyone have any rock from them in your tank?

10. jdigrego

jdigrego Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I bought my from petco online super cheap and really nice

11. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

What a shame to hear aquacon is ripping people off, tho I must say I'm not surprised anymore. I bought a huge box of their Vanuatu live rock back in '02 or '03 and it was the most awesome rock I'd ever seen. Don't remember what I paid for it now, but it was a good deal and I literally filled my old 38 gallon tank with very large pieces of it. Great shapes, holes, and a ton of different coralline colors.

About 9 months ago I was looking at fish pictures, and ran across a photo of mine that aquacon had lifted from an article it was published in back in '03 and were using to sell Venustus angels. They totally ignored my emails to take it down. It's still up. Thankfully, I have a friend who's a lawyer so I'll see what happens. You have to wonder about a place that sells something and can't take their own picture of it!

12. mattxftw

mattxftw Astrea Snail

reef cleaners reef cleaners reef cleaners reef cleaners....no comparison!