Where to buy cheap test kits

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Anthos312, Mar 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Anthos312

Anthos312 Millepora

So my 40 reef is going decent, but i really need to buy cheap test kits. I am on a very tight budget. Where do you all buy yours?

2. Click Here!

3. trijam

trijam Coral Banded Shrimp

About the cheapest is the API master reef kit at about $40. You should be able to get one anywhere. Keep in mind though these kits do have reliability issues.;)

4. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

Bigalsonline carries the seachem test kits for the cheapest I have seen online, plus with sponsor code you get an additional 10% making them even cheaper.

IMHO They are far superior to the API kits, however they are not nearly as cheap in price.

5. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Liquid Test Kits

sticking with the Big AlS site

check out the Tropic Marin combined Calcium / Magnesium test kit
    sale price of 10.99 seems excellent value to me

I used this kit prior to going on to use Salifert
    naturally I continued using it in order to verify my Salifert kits ( both gave similar results
    thus either both are off (lol) or both are reasonably accurate- and my opinion is, both are reasonably accurate

at 10.99 for 50 tests or a full year of weekly testing Calcium and Mag
    you could then afford to get the Salifert DKH/ Alk kit and that would last 1 year also testing at same frequency

Steve

6. Anthos312

Anthos312 Millepora

yea i found those also. I think I am going to get the API-Phosphate Kit, Tropic Marin-Magnesium/Calcium, and the Seachem Multitest-pH/Alk kit. Its about $40, i have to go pickup some SW at my LFS so I might see if they have anything cheaper on friday. If not I will order this soon, thanks for all the help!