Where does everyone set up their RO/DI

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Midnight_Madman, Jul 3, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. d3monchild622

d3monchild622 Astrea Snail

30 gallon trash can on wheels, rio600 with tubing. i get my water from work and just fill the trash can and keep the water moving, then pump in as needed

2. Click Here!

3. Midnight_Madman

Midnight_Madman Montipora Digitata

Ahh. the wheels are a good idea.
    I plan on hooking mine up in my laundry room, which is across the other side of the house from the tank. This will work perfect!

4. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

On the wall in the laundry room with a 25' run through the ceiliing to the sump closet with a nozzle on the end till I get my ATO finished

5. reeferdude

reeferdude Fire Shrimp

6. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

Mine was originally under my sink. Well, when it started to get close to having to replace the cartridges I realized it was a bad idea because there wasn't enough room under there. so I moved it below my kitchen sink in the basement. The supply is still under the kitchen sink so I didn't have to take the plumbing apart again I just ran a longer hose to the unit. Next to the unit in the basement/garage is a utility shower so I just run my waste into the shower. The RODI runs up through the floor then to my ATO system.

7. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

My RO is attached to a hose outlet we installed under a sink in my house. I move the water to the tank by dragging a 18 gallon rubbermaid tub over to it.

8. Click Here!

9. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

Oh, and before it gets to my ATO which is right behing my tank I have a valve to fill up a tub to make SW in.

10. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

My tank is set up in a room that's right off my kitchen. just set up my RO on the counter next to the sink. i attach it to the faucet when i need to run water, put a 5 gallon bucket in the sink and let it go. i do have to carry the bucket to the tank but i can use the excercise.

11. rodcpierce

rodcpierce Ritteri Anemone

mine is in the basement. I have a 32 gallon brute trash can with a float valve in it, so its always full. I carry 5 gallon buckets full of water upstairs to another 32 gallon trash can to do W/C's, then pump it into the tank. Otherwise, I carry a 5 gallon bucket up and set it next to the tank for top off. When the bucket runs out, back to the basement to fill it I go.

12. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

In the garage/laundry room on the wall above the laundry sink. The RO/DI feeds a 23 gallon Rubbermaid recycling can equipped with float switches so it must drop 11 gallons before restarting to reduce TDS creep. Then it goes to a Spectrapure UPLC autotopoff system feeding my sump in the house 30+ feet away.