Where Does Everyone Buy Their Grade A SPS Corals?

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by JaysLittleOcean, Jul 2, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

You're getting that spathulata frag? I've had my eye on it! Post pics when you get it

mdbostwick likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Yup.

Undata and Stylophora as well.

I have been looking at Spathulata for along time, always out of my price range because the pieces were so big.

Will post images of all three on the day of arrival.

No highjack of a thread here at all. Sorry, but you'll get to see how they arrive OP.

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

I have the same problem. Don't have the budget to spend $350 on a colony just yet. LA/DD recently had a spathulata frag for grabs on the aquacultured section. Nothing like the one on reef corner though.

5. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

I rely on my local reefing friends mostly, some for sale- mostly for trades too. I have yet to buy a coral online- ever- yet. Not that I might not ever, just haven't had the need to.

Last time I bothered counting, I had over 75 different corals, that was a while ago too.

Corailline likes this.
  6. AnotherMike

AnotherMike Fire Worm

Big big fan of battle corals. As coralline pointed out, they are fresh cut though. Some don't like that, but Adam will hold them for you. I have ordered over 30 pieces from him and only lost one which was actually a freebie. The difference I see with BC is he is fresh cutting established aquacultured pieces he has grown out vs fresh cut wilds.

Corailline likes this.
  7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

8. Click Here!

9. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Hoping someone suggested before me...

Check out the orange and green spath colony for $139...if it's still there ;)

10. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

When looking at these sites listed above, i feel i make nowhere near enough for this hobby.

11. AnotherMike

AnotherMike Fire Worm

Every time I have ordered from BC I teamed up with a friend and ordered at least 8 to 10 pieces and got a great deal from Adam. We simply emailed him first with our proposed "pack" and he offered up a price close to 40 pct off the list price. The size of the discount depends on what your ordering. He also throws in 2 to 3 freebies on top. I got this on my first ever purchase with him too and not because we had any special relationship. He also posts 10 pack deals on R2R that are insane. I got a 10 pack for 375 shipped that would have have cost 600 based on his web site prices.