where can i find a 24w ballast?

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Froc3, Oct 30, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Well, as the title says, where can i get the 24w quick disconnect ballast for a 14g oceanic biocube?

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Good luck, Ive seen this post a few times and no one that I have heard of has ever been able to find one. You might try calling Oceanic directly. Get a few of them if you find any. Or upgrade your lighting to something else.

4. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Just wire a fullham in its place ..workhorse 3 you can wire it remotely that what I did with this cube we have moisture is a killer

5. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

So if i wire a new ballast in, i might as well replace both light fixtures then? or can i do one at a time?

6. getinpora

getinpora Coral Banded Shrimp

7. getinpora

8. Click Here!

9. getinpora

w w w . 1 0 0 0 b u l b s . c o m thats weird it didnt type out the the wab site

10. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Ok, so if i got a ballast to run both sets of lights, what ballasts am i lookin at? they're 4 pin 24w PC twin lights. i dont really understand ballasts.

11. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

When you choose a ballast, the wattage of the bulbs you want must match that ballast. For example, if you want a 65W PCF, then you need to find a 65W PCF ballast. Many times the cost of a ballast will approach the price of a retrofit kit. When my 65W ballast gave out, I just opted to get a 70W HQI. Smaller ballasts are very hard to find in these applications.

For your lights, do you have one 4-pin bulb or two? You mentioned "twin lights" so that is a bit confusing.

12. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Well, when i was goin through the lights sections of some websites they were classified as twin power compact. They're 4 pin in a straight configuration, not square. It's two small bulbs but they dont really appear to bend at the end. they just are basically 2 straight bulbs (hence the twin i guess)