When to trim Chaeto.

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by onecansay, May 14, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tinctorus

tinctorus Feather Duster

I typically trim mine about once a month I pull half of it out to either sell or throw away
    I just have mine growing on the right side of my tank with a korallia pump on top of it so that it doesn't just float around in the tank

2. Click Here!

3. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Well thanks, I think. It's now bigger than ever, and I'll soon be expanding/moving that egg crate wall over some more. This pick is from 2 days ago. After I gave 2 gallon baggies full away to a local reefer.

I use 2 x 100W CFL's, one is 5000K, one is 6500K- don't ask, it seems to grow the same though.

[​IMG]

4. Slassco

Slassco Flamingo Tongue

No one uses it as food? My tangs love the stuff. My vlamingi can eat a baseball size himself in one sitting. Their poo gets stringy from time to time though.

Is that bad?

5. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

I wouldn't think it's bad to feed it to them.
    I only tried it once on the clip I use for my Seaweed/Nori- the Tangs never went for it.
    Put the NOri in, and they're hitting it before I even get the suction cup stuck.

6. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

Is that a remora in ur fuge? Lol

7. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

Yes it was. It was making a mess in the DT and I sold it to a guy that has a 2800G he was supposed to get it on Friday and got it on Saturday. I didn't want to spend another few hours trying to catch him. Way to big for a 125G Saved it from a 55G.