Whats your occupation?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Va Reef, May 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Marie0912

Marie0912 Fire Shrimp

I am a stay at home mom, my husband supports my hobby which I am very thankful for. The hobby keeps me sain, I have 3 boys, really active boys.
    My husband is a cop

2. Click Here!

3. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

There have been quite a few replies of thank you to us military people, but I also want to offer up my personal thanks to some people as well....

First I want to say thank you to people like your husband as well as the members out there in the fire & EMS careers. These people lay thier own lives on the line ever day and in some situations those jobs are just as hazardous compared to the armed forces.

Even though the tickets they give me on a regular basis raises my insurance I understand the value, seriousness, and need of thier postition. lol.

Next I want to offer a even bigger thank you to all of the military, EMS, law enforcement SPOUSES out there. Believe it or not (and give it some thought) thier job is even more stressful than the military/law enforcement/EMS husbands and wives they support. While we're gone overseas or out on the street on patrol they are at home taking care of kids, paying bills, day to day life. All the while there is always that added stress in the back of thier mind when there comes a knock at the door or ring of the phone is it that phone call of our injury (or worse) you never want to receive. So my thanks to you. Everyone always says it's takes a strong person to do these jobs, truth is it takes an even stronger person than that behind the scenes to make us successful at what we do.

4. M-Ocean Man

M-Ocean Man Flame Angel

+10000000000 to this - well said!

5. Akool

Akool Astrea Snail

6. RPM1

RPM1 Fire Worm

Fine, Currently 8 year Colorado State Trooper, former 15 year Paramedic, 2 year volunteer firefighter, 4 years active Army 2 reserve.

Never really known anything but public safety, for all its headaches it has its rewards.

7. rick36

rick36 Plankton

Roadmaster with Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railway. i work way to much. love my job though

8. Click Here!

9. sodium

sodium Astrea Snail

Hi peeps -

I have had many jobs.. started out as a surgical technologist then got into computer networking (all contract work) so left that and became a carpenter (union). Now i am back in school finishing up my internship fo medical technology...so i will be working in the lab when im done. Alot of interesting careers here...nice post!

10. Servillius

Servillius Montipora Digitata

Okay,

I'll play. I'm a lawyer...

No, ow! stop... stop throwing stuff already!

11. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Department of Corrections. Maximum security Iowa State Penitentiary.
    Rank...Sergeant.

12. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

A lawyer once asked during a trial, "If you trust your fellow Correctional Officers so much including with your life then tell me why do you place a lock on your locker?" The Officer gets a serious look on his face and replies, "Because lawyers walk through the locker rooms." LOL