Whats your Job

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by mirandacollc, Jul 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

HAHA! Steve, you crack me.

Currently I am employed at a local hardware store, but I am a certified welder looking for work.

2. Click Here!

3. bus15sdriver

bus15sdriver Astrea Snail

Hi, I am a full time school bus driver and I love it! My second favorite thing is my 1996 Yamaha WaveVenture which is currently broke:(. I also enjoy riding my quad and dirt bike. Although I love driving bus it doesn't pay well and I would like to go to school for something. I recently thought about what it might take to start my own aquarium cleaning business. Does anyone know what kind of education one might need for that? Or if there is a demand for that?

4. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

I am retired. Basically my reef tank and my 90 Gallon African Cichlid tank is my job. But since I love them so much I don't consider it a job anymore.

5. montecarloz38

montecarloz38 Fire Shrimp

I am a produce manager @ local supermarket and I also make sex swings on the side hehe.

6. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

I work @ a University, I'm in charge of creating all the courses & placing them all in rooms along with all the meetings & events. My title is "Poland Spring Bottle Replacer" :) since I'm the only one strong enough to lift the jugs.

7. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

I am a project manager for an international outplacement firm. I sell our services to corporate clients to give to employees that are being laid off. Our services are things like, resume development, interviewing strategies...etc. These help those people looking for work have an advantage over those that don't. There is a certain satisfation from getting a commission check for helping someone get a job.

However, I have also returned to school full time and am pursuing my Masters degree for History. Hope to be a high school or college history teacher.

But my best job ever has been - WIFE, MOTHER AND GRANDMOTHER!

8. Click Here!

9. swimswithsheep

swimswithsheep Flamingo Tongue

Mmm..no, I deal in vapor delivery. ;)

10. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I can't wait to graduate college and join the working world :) Of course, with the degree I'm looking at, any job I get is bound to be a blast :lol: (for me anyways. depends on your view of fun). I'm looking for something involving tourism/hospitality/recreation, and the city I'm in is absolutely perfect for that. I could get a job with one of the tourist traps around here (I've worked for the 2 top attractions in Chattanooga already, and currently at the top attraction) or I could manage one of the hotels around here, work with my college's recreation center, anything like that. Thankfully at the Tennessee Aquarium, only about 10 people work with the fish and animals. There are so many departments I could go in, from retail (which I'm already in but want to get out of) to Visitor Services, Aquarium Maintenance (handle the mechanical aspects of our tanks rather than our animal aspects), to the Dive Coordination department (we have over 120 volunteer divers registered, and we have a dozen or so divers enter the tanks and clean and feed daily, as well as a Pay To Dive program in the works) and I'm a certified Rescue Diver. Then there's Special Events/Night Events, which involves organizing parties and get togethers for companies and groups of people. I've worked in this department before...seeing drunk (we have a liquor license and aren't afraid to use it) corporate employees from some gigantic company goggling at fish definitely has it's own reward.

So yeah, I can't wait until I find a job when I graduate :D