Whats your Job

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by mirandacollc, Jul 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

Well here there is alot of competition. We cant do that we need it correct the first time. all 207 accounts rely on it! mostly commercial.

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

I work for a UK lighting importer ALG , as a manager of their China office
    I have a team of 14 people , and we take care of quality inspections, factory audits, logistics, R+D , sourcing and customer visits.

I dont have a garden and thus cannot contribute anything at all towards the relative merits of the different techniques involved in cutting grass

I do however play golf and can describe several ways in which a perfect looking area of grass can be destroyed in seconds

Steve

4. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

After being in this hobby, I would say I'm a Part-Time Marine Biologist, and a Part Time Supervisor at Kohls LOL.

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I work for a consulting firm and do contracts with a major software giant up here. I work with training materials, write instructional manuals, build online courses...

6. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I'm a small business owner and support my hobby with a full time evening job at a local convenience store.

7. crappyballer

crappyballer Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

i work for an animal hospital as a vet tech

8. Click Here!

9. ibefishy

ibefishy Montipora Capricornis

I dont have a job, I have been unemployed for the last 19 months.

10. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Right now I'm a full time student at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga majoring in Sports and Leisure Services Administration with a minor in Business Admin.

I also work as a part time gift shop sales associate for the Tennessee Aquarium :) One of the best aquariums in the world, I'd say. The largest freshwater aquarium in the world anyways. And number one in customer satisfaction in the southeastern United States ;) Although I will say that the guy in charge of our 350 gallon reef tank (just a small reef tank to show what live corals look like) is a stuck up and stubborn jerk who is quite full of himself. He denied the help of the Chattanooga Reef Club when building that tank, even though he knew jack diddly about reefs, then he tried to avoid cycling the tank, and oh look after a few months running, half of the fish in the tank are dead. So yeah, if you go to the TN Aquarium and see the reef tank, just know that I tried to help, and that the guy in charge of it is a moron. :D our other tanks are awesome though. The reef is our only disappointment IMO, but the general public don't know what a reef tank is supposed to look like. so they still think it's cool. But gosh, if they would let my mom and i run that tank without trying to save money, we could make it look amazing.

And while we're talking about grass...my dad makes me mow our front yard on level 1 on our mower (lowest setting) because it makes it look like a fairway at a golf course (we have bermuda grass). It took us a while to get the grass used to the level one treatment. Our backyard still can't handle it, I tried last week. It needs to be done on level 2 because it's just too full and thick to handle one. Probably because of all the dog poop fertilizer back there. Or the fact that we don't care about the back yard and skip some mowings sometimes :lol:

11. jrwoltman

jrwoltman Skunk Shrimp

5th grade teacher. Tutor on the side to pay for fish related expenses.

12. TriggersRule

TriggersRule Feather Duster

IT supervisor, for the largest international shipping company in the world.