what's your dirty little secret?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by zjpeter, Nov 24, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

ok, update time. with the new year here i've made the resolution to drop a few. cliche i know, but i made the fatal mistake marrying a cross country runner. the sheer physics of a 235lbs lineman pounding down the pavement is enough to spell my disaster. so i'm making some lifestyle changes and some dietary changes (not easy in Chicago) in an effort to hit 210 by our fourth of july trip.

on to the good stuff. i woke up early this morning, ready for a good workout. only, it's freaking freezing outside so a jog is out of the question. that's when i spotted my wife's pilates dvd.... ok ok, it's embarrassing enough that i was doing this crap, new agey music and the dulcit tones of Ms. Ana Caban encouraging me to keep that tummy tight and me praying that nobody comes in to see me twisted in ways a man of my size should never be, but the REALLY embarrassing thing i found out was that this crap is HARD! i'm relatively fit for my size, i lift, play basketball, ski and wakeboard and am semi-active, but after about 20 minutes i was shaking and sweating.

now i'm faced with a dilemma. this is obviously a viable means for promoting weighloss, core strengthening, and flexibility. also, if i paired it with some push-ups and light dumbells i wouldn't even have to leave my apartment until it's at least 60 outside. on the other hand, i run the risk of someone eventually walking in on my grunting and sweating, rear to the ceiling and tied in a pretzel. decisions, decisions

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: I've done pilates and it is indeed very difficult. I also say that as long as you're not wearing spandex, leg warmers and a hot pink headband while you're doing the exercises, that you shouldn't have to worry about anyone teasing you (much) if they catch you doing it :lol:

1 person likes this.
  4. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

ok...here goes- feel free to rearrange these in order to suit your taste :)

dirty:

I play World of Warcraft - i just leveled my third "toon" to 80. I kill internet dragons and other assorted bad things in organized and regularly scheduled 10-person raid groups.

a bit dirtier:

During said "raids" i have been known to consume Chef Boyardee products straight out of the can - no time to heat it during a "boss encounter". (any of you closet gamer nerds know what i mean, and i am sober during the consumption lol). Ok - most of you are saying that's not dirty - that's GROSS.

dirtier still:

I lived through disco and LOVED it - to the point of entering a disco contest - right down to the satin baseball jacket and Candies stilettos. Of course this then evolved into the whole New Wave thing - had a mad crush on Duran Duran. ....and yes i still have my New Wave collection - but i gave the vinyl up for MP3's.

even more dirtier:

Yes i had big 80's hair (even into the earlier 90's *gasp*) and my favorite live show ever was the B-52's on Halloween night. You have not experienced a costume party until youve been in a packed hall with everyone else in full costume, down on the floor doing the "Rock Lobster".

getting really dirty:

when i was expecting my daughter - i CRAVED McDonald's hamburgers - just those plain crappy little hamburgers - for a while it was the only thing my stomach could handle.
    Now, i am not the best at keeping the interior of my car uncluttered (ah-ha! another secret) and it became embarrassing one time when I took the car to have the interior spiffed up and forgot about the few dozen crumpled up bags shoved under the driver's seat...

absolutely filthy:

there was that one time when i.......oh wait, are you kidding? no wayyyyyy! :)

5. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

haha! amen to that. I can still hear Jane Fonda saying "Hope you Felt the Burn!"....

oh wait.....you just reminded me of yet another little secret... ack!

6. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

umm... ok, confession two....

lol, you are hilarious

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: Now I can't get Olivia Newton-John's "Let's Get Physical" stupid song out of my stupid head :lol:

8. Click Here!

9. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

this thread is giving me a nice laugh today....

little bit about me:

- i play xbox360 call of duty modern warfare 2 a bit too much
    - i used to play world of warcraft for a couple years and can relate to OneFishTwoFish on cans of spaghetti-o's
    - i love fish keeping. im not sure what drove me to it, but i love educating myself on all things reef and cichlid related.
    - i own guns
    - i have a bearded dragon lizard and a cat (cat was given to me and i have a hard time saying no)
    - i used to own a yamaha R1 till i decided it wasnt worth it to give some other jacka$$ on the road the opportunity to kill me
    - i like cars, fast ones, that are setup for touring racing. screw nascar. driving around in a circle can be done by any no-talent-a$$-clown (waiting for the flack on this)
    - i like movies... good ones. especially independent films.

dirty secret: i still live at home with my parents lol

1 person likes this.
  10. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

I never did. Got a job based on it.

11. mattheuw1

mattheuw1 Montipora Capricornis

hahaha....I'm on that same page as you tatted. My wife records days of our lives and watches it whe n she gets home daily.Thats my tank time. I look forward to spending time with my tank (and secretly listening to the tv drama8)). Last week it wasn't on because of the holiday and I was kind of pissed. They leave you on your edge and anticipating the next episode every time and its very annoying when they skip a day. I made it kind of obvious and mentioned a couple of the actors names and what I thought was going to happen and she thought it was too funny. She had no idea that I was listening in (not willingly at first). Now shes going around telling people that we watch it together everyday.:p. I hate that it intrests me!!!!

Seriously though, they purposely make those shows interesting to men. Drugs, gangs, mafia, killing, guns, knives, conspiracy, drama....the only thing is, is that its all surrounded by romance and no one is ugly. Besides that, its no different from a lot of shows that we like.

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

People think I'm a PC maybe I am :p no one will ever know :D