what's your dirty little secret?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by zjpeter, Nov 24, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Here's a dirty little secret I finally thought was worthy to post here...

I recently created a throw away email and facebook account for the sole purpose of my main facebook accout "being in a relationship with ________" the fake account I made. Currently, the fake account's name is Final Exams. So, my profile says "Justin *blank* is in an open relationship with Final Exams". When exams end, her name will become Christms Break. This shows one thing: I need to get a girlfriend :lol: Or a life. Whichever you prefer. The comments on my relationship change were very interesting.

Also, I read other books mainly to get the Harry Potter story out of my head so that I can reread the entire Harry Potter series over and over again without getting tired of it. I have about 8 or 10 books I read to help erase Harry Potter from my mind, and once I'm done with the cycle I read the entire Harry Potter series again. I'm currently reading Chamber of Secrets, and I have decided that it's my least favorite book of the series :D

2. Click Here!

3. TBELT

TBELT Ritteri Anemone

I can see how this could be fun. A littel expensive but fun. When i was a tech in a dealership we would get 3 1 pound cans of freon when we installed an A/C. You only need 2. We used to take them in the wood and shoot at them. If you put them upside down and shoot at the top part of the can (now at the bottom) and hit em just right the would soar into the air like rockets.

4. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Me too. HP fan here. I know what you mean about reading something else just so you can reread it.

I read LotR annually too. I have for the past 19 or 20 years. When the movies came out... it was wonderful.

Also, Peredhil is a super Star Trek fan. The force and lasers ::) is no match for shields and photon torpedos. LLaP

1 person likes this.
  5. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

Not me, but I know a man in California that puts cocaine in his humming bird feeder. His neighbors wonder why he's got all the humming birds at his place.. LOL..

6. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

:lol: :lol:

That reminds me of an article my high school health teacher read us once about a cocaine dealer who burried his stash in his backyard. It was discovered by a band of squirrels. The resulting behavior from the discovery of the cache consisted of a bunch of squirrels with blood red eyes flopping around and acting crazy, and constantly coming back for more. If I recall correctly, they later died from it. ::)

I’ve read the LotR series before, but I read them after watching the movies. The biggest downer for me was that the epic battles in the movies didn’t happen in the books. Sadness.

And I never was a Trek fan. I’m definitely a force and lasers guy. However, I’m happy to say that that I know what LLaP stands for. May the force be with you. And I’m very glad that someone else understands my Harry Potter obsession and uses the same strategy as I do. :lol:

I also eat hamburgers/cheeseburgers with ketchup only on them. I now have met 4 others who also do this. Meeting those people made me very happy.

7. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Picking your nose while driving isn't so much of a dirty little secrect.It's where you place the booger;D

8. Click Here!

9. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Under the front seat of course.

10. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

LotR isn't a dirty secret, it's made it's bones and is cool. Star Trek.... yeah, that's still nerdy enough to want to keep it under wraps.

since Jwin brought up food i have to mention this. even though it's not really MY secret, i'm ashamed. my wife orders her steak well-done. i watched in horror while she ordered a $30 prime rib, well-done, and then proceed to cut all the fat off of it. that is absolutely unacceptable for a farm bred iowa girl! if my steak doesn't twitch when i cut into it, it might as well be a hamburger.

11. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

being really familiar with the story before the movies my take on the epic battles was very different.

they are in the books, of course, but you have to infer the majority of it. the actual details and first person experience is rather limited... you just know they are battling when the focus of the story is kind of somewhere else.

so to see the movies, where they did dive into it and what not... it was like a huge bonus for me whereas the lack of them in the books was a con for you... kind of opposite takeaways :)

I gathered a lot more from the books in later years... when I first read it (5th grade), I admit I missed a lot of the gist. It wasn't until the fourth time through (I remember this realization in eigth grade) that it occurred to me that the ending book of TT and the opening book of RotK are happening simultaneously (this would be the Shelob/Siege of Minas Tirith stories), not sequentially.

oh jeeze, here I go again... get me started on this topic ::)::):p:p

12. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

I knew that was coming!!!:lol: