What's your career/job?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by =Jwin=, Oct 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I figured a thread like this must have been done before, but I searched and could not find one. So I'm starting a new one. Plus, new members new info, so if there is an older thread like this it can stay in the archives ;)

I already know some of you well enough to know this info, but for those I don't know this about, I'm wondering what is your career and/or job currently? Feel free to mention any others you've had if you want to.

For my own story, I am a full time student at the University of Tennessee of Chattanooga majoring in Mechanical Engineering (although I'm thinking about civil). I have a seasonal job at the Rock City Enchanted (corn) Maze right now. I have worked at a HobbyTown USA, summer camps, and other tourist traps in my life. :)

2. Click Here!

3. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

I work for my dad. formerly as a caulker, mostly industrial, some residential. but recently with the economy being the way it is he switched his business to concrete coatings. we mostly work with polyaspartics and polyureas. they are basically just a suped up epoxy. interesting stuff. just being 17 and working full time can be bear sometimes. especially when i have my tanks to take care of ;)

1 person likes this.
  4. Jacwil

Jacwil Coral Banded Shrimp

Currently I'm a stay-at-home-dad. Previously I framed house for 10 yrs and before that I was in the Air Force as a C-130 mechanic.

5. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

I work for Oreck, I'm a store Manager. I also work part-time at the Adams Mark Hotel in reservations. I'm a part tiem student at Buffalo State... on the side I split my time up between a girlfriend and a reef tank.. :)

6. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Currently I co-own a transmission and auto repair shop. I also do firearm/security/personal tactics training on the side when I get bored for extra cash.

7. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

I just graduated Penn State, got an offer from ING, turned it down and went to Cali for a month to help my uncle and his business ventures, moved back to PA and am currently interviewing for a technical recruiter position.

8. Click Here!

9. bluewhite4

bluewhite4 Astrea Snail

I work for a communications company, that specializes in installing VOiP phone systems for large to medium sized business. (I get to get my hands on a lot of IT tech this way, from phones to routers to firewalls and servers.)

In my little remaining spare time, I do some web stuff for extra cash to help pay for the fish hobby.

10. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

I have the best job ever. I take all of the crying children I find and feed them to the Sam Walton Zombie.
    I actually am nothing but a lowly cashier, recently moved to midnights.
    I graduated school for nursing, but I couldn't afford to take my certification test, so I have to do it all over again. Im thinking about going into veterinary medicine.

11. scooter-2505

scooter-2505 Fire Worm

not very manly, but my wife and i own a florist and candle factory. the flowers help put hair on my chest. also we have commercial property that we lease out to a mechanic and a cabinet shop. of course i let my wife run the show at work and at home.

12. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Chief Technical Officer for a financial services / software company. I oversee the support department and technicians, guide the development of our software and plan roll-out schedules for new customers. We mainly work with convenience stores and banks.