What's wrong with this Scoly?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by eyesolator, Oct 26, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. eyesolator

eyesolator Astrea Snail

A LFS has this scoly cheap! They have had it for some time and now I see that the flesh is losing it's color and turning white. Any idea what is causing this and is it curable?
    Thanks,
    John

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Nice Avatar 8)

Sure it looks pretty darn good. Just a bleached area, could be some photo shock, or an area of physical damage. If it is cheap I would pick it up, no problem.

4. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Savable for sure! When you get it just give it an iodine dip and be sure to feed it well a couple times a week until it recovers. Out of curiosity, what's cheap?

5. eyesolator

eyesolator Astrea Snail

Corailline, thanks for the avatar comment, I airbrush from time to time. That was a practice piece I did for a toilet seat.

They started out at $170 and are now down to $70! Initially when they got is it had no color fading and it seems to be getting worse as the weeks go by. They probably had it for about 6 weeks now. I just wasn’t sure what would cause that sort of fading.

Thanks for the help!
    John

6. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Looks just like too much light and burning a little to me. Nothing that less light won't solve. :)

7. Jay Reef

Jay Reef Feather Duster

imo target feeding the scoly may make it stress more. feed cyclopeze into the water to it can feed indirectly and keep it in a shaded area not too dark where it's not getting any light.