What's wrong with my Frogspawn?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by dis 1, May 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dis 1

dis 1 Astrea Snail

It started changing color in begining of march i think. i got it from someone elses tank were it was placed the same way up were it is in my tank with the same light fixture, but his bulbs were
    front:
    PowerGlo 18000K
    AquaZ blue pro
    Giessman Aquablue Plus
    AquaZ blue Pro
    PowerGlo 18000K

I use reef crystals for my water and its mixed with RO/DI water.
    Params are:
    SG: 1.026
    PH: 8.2
    Alkalinity: 8
    Calcium: 440-460
    Zero nitrites, nitrates, ammonia, phosphates

i dont test for MG because i dont have a test kit for it.

2. Click Here!

3. rogerstammy

rogerstammy Peppermint Shrimp

Try putting down lower. Also do you feed mysis shrimp? mine love eating it. I just make sure it floats over towards the FS and they are good and grabbing it with their tentacles

4. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

If you can speak to he person you got it from, try asking how was his the salinity on his tank, yours seems a little high and could be the problem. Only if you had it for just a week
    or 2 from where started to change, then again if it still looks healthy!? might start to look alright after it gets used to all the changes. are those AquaZ blue pro, Giessman Aquablue Plus, lights blue or are they more purple 460nm, or 420's?? since different manufacturers make practically the same spectrums, sorry; maybe I should of specified, name brand don't tell me a whole lot