What's up?

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Steve Goldsmith, Jan 3, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Steve Goldsmith

Steve Goldsmith Fire Shrimp

It costs the same as my lousy hood, too. Is there anything good to put on top of the tank to keep the fish from jumping? Aquaclears are amazing. :) I had a 110 in a freshwater tank awhile back, and it was fantastic. I guess i'll skip the eheim. As for the livestock, what do you think would work? I do want a pair of clowns. And thanks for all the help.

2. Click Here!

3. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

I would buy the MH instead. When you get more into the hobby, you wished you would of bought the MH instead. I like MH for the shimmer and the ability to keep anything. MH only raise the temp by 1 degree, I only run my heater when the lights are off.

4. PetMother

PetMother Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I'm drooling over it for my 55!!! Wonder how much my hubby loves me LOL::)

5. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

Blood kip I somewhat agree.... but i digress. as for the lid use can use eggcrate cut to size that way you get the open top and air difusion.

as far as the llights go get what you can afford, metal halides are good and so are t5s just get what works for you.

PS the t5 use less energy and you can get better light combinations

6. Steve Goldsmith

The Oddysea T5 light? I can't believe the deal! I might consider the MH in the future, but not now. No offense to those SPS owners, but IMO LPS and a lot of softies look better. And thats really all I want in my tank.

7. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

8. Click Here!

9. Clonefarmer

Clonefarmer Millepora

Screen cover to keep fish in. Livestock really depends on what other livestock you want to keep. To start pick out a fish or coral you really like and see what is compatible.

I don't run any filtration except a protein skimmer and it keeps the water crystal clear. Not using mechanical filtration was one of the stranger changes from freshwater to saltwater. Mechanical filters work well they just have to be cleaned often to not cause issues later on.

10. Steve Goldsmith

Wow, thats a great article. I'll have to work on that! It seems like it'd really come in handy. Thanks for the help.

11. Clonefarmer

Clonefarmer Millepora

From what I've been reading T5 are good enough to grow sps too.

12. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone