What's up with my brain?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by bulldogniner, Jun 19, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bulldogniner

bulldogniner Feather Duster

I have a brain coral that I got from a friend. It has been nipped at by a flame back angel for the past couple of weeks. Within 3 hours of putting it in my tank it seems to be plumping up. I can see some of the plates where it has been receding. Is there any hope for this to survive? Sorry if the pic is blurr...iphone.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Feed him every night and hope that helps, along with good water and enough light.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  4. wfb2270

wfb2270 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

was the angel in your tank or your friends??? if its in the same tank now i would say doubtfull, not impossible. but if there is nothing to pick at it now and parameters are ok i would think it should make a recovery.

5. bulldogniner

bulldogniner Feather Duster

We moved the brain to my tank without the angel, so it won't be provoked anymore.

6. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I've heard they're pretty resilient when given a proper environment. If that's true, I would just make sure it gets fed a decent amount so it grows back the tissue faster, and doesn't get picked on or have any algae grow on the exposed skeleton.