Unresolved whats this!?(2 pics) noob

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by BNR34RB26DETT, Jun 21, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Do not bother removing the bristle worm, he will just be replaced by another. If you do not over feed your tank their population is self regulated. They do a better clean up of left over foods and stuff than any hermit could do.

2. Click Here!

3. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

keep the bristle worm.

4. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

+1 on keeping the bristleworm. They're not harmful, even the large ones. There are other types of similar worms that can be harmful, but what you have there is just a regular harmless bristleworm.

5. Ron P

Ron P Astrea Snail

I have a few of those bristle worms too and they do an awesome job from what I've seen. I just wish I knew the species name. Id love some more info on them and never could identify them beyond just a common bristle worm.

6. Gaeus

Gaeus Plankton

Hmmmmm Some can eat coral (Hermodice carunculata) not reef safe, and others can be beneficial like the Aquarium fireworm or bristleworm (Eurythoe sp.). This two have calcareous bristles on each side of each segment that are poisonous when touched, so, handle with care :D