Whats the best salt out right now?

Discussion in 'Salt' started by saleen281, Jan 12, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I just use IO, but I only have softies as well. If you are going to get into harder to keep corals, then you will have to dose anyways. Just saying.

2. Click Here!

3. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i would say start with the salt you plan to use.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  4. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

I'm huge seachem fan. Been using their products from day one. Along with many other brands. But I seem to always go to seachem. Aqua vitro salinity is a great salt. Always consistent and params tests as advertised. Don't see myself switching anytime soon.

5. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

6. Addicted 2 Salt

Addicted 2 Salt Astrea Snail

I only have a few different mushrooms currently in a 24 using only reef crystals, I started with 2 polyps and now I don't think it's been wire a year yet, when fully expanded I can't even see any rock, the rock is roughly 8" long & 4" wide. I don't use any other supplements and change 5g once a month.

7. Sfreefer

Sfreefer Plankton

Red Sea Coral Pro Salt hands down.

8. Click Here!

9. Mawnkey

Mawnkey Ritteri Anemone

I am extremely happy with redsea pro

10. wooboodoo

wooboodoo Astrea Snail

Is depend what you planning to keep in your tank... imo
    Nobody can tell you which salt is best till you gonna test it yourself cause each tank is different.
    Long time ago wasn't that many brands on the market so people had no problem with the choice of salt.
    I started with IO then after few months somebody told me Preis is better so switched to Preis and that was very good salt. When I left Europe and I came to the US (2002) I research market and start using Tropic Marin after 5-6 years they came with new product Tropic Marin Pro Reef so I switched again then friend of mine told me Brightwell is great so I got one bucket but wasn't so happy and found that Tropic Marin Bio Actif is great of course bought few buckets and I'd still used it but realized that Preis is available yea it's sounds crazy but from beginning of january I'm using again my old school salt...
    My tank is loaded in 98% with sps, except good salt I'm using Zeovit products...
    Do I see any changes? well to be honest yes two of my corals have much better colors one is three color valida right now is very violet other coral (don't know the name) tips came deep violet but it's only one month so I need more time then I can say something.
    I'll try to attach some pic from iPhone but I don't know what gonna happen ;)

Gl with your choice and I'm sorry for my bad English.

Attached Files:

11. Saltwatercoral2

Saltwatercoral2 Astrea Snail

I use reef crystals, but I have always had the thought in my mind to try other salt, but I just dont know which ones to try..

12. Beenoff

Beenoff Plankton

reef crystals hands down! all my parameters r awesome with this salt.