What's it doing?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

I was wondering that as well.

Frozen foods need to be completely thawed before feeding to your critters.

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i think so, not sure if i unthawed them completly or not, still new to all of this. hopefully it wont cause to much harm, the bubble ended up taking fish though

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea and even when i feed my fish like tonight i did the bubble and the fish the brain never put out its feeders

5. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

We all gotta learn somehow :) you should be fine, a good way too tell if it's completely thawed is if it's flexible or flimsy, and not very stiff.

If a coral doesn't enjoy something for whatever reason, it will usually be spit out rather quick.

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

Ohhhhh ok. So you think that's what's going on? Good thing I only fed it a little bit

7. coloradoReef

coloradoReef 3reef Sponsor

Sometimes I wait till the lights go out and then put a little cyclopeeze in the tank. It dont take much at all - a tiny pinch. Then wait about 5 minutes and all the corals feeders or out!

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

I might try that idea. The coral seems fine this morning. Really small but it's probably just waking up

10. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Purple Spiny Lobster

Bubbles are really unique animal's. Mine put out sweeper's in the day that were about 6 inches in length. At night the feeder's come out like in the pic. It has a huge mouth. It is wild to watch these animal's eat. I only fed mine about 1 time or two a month at the most. good luck. My bubble had more than one mouth. I dont know if they split or what but last time I looked there were 3 mouth's. I know they are hard to frag and easy to lose if you make one tiny mistake fragging it.

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

so i think i made the coral sick last night :( i noticed its really small and what appears to be a piece of fish that the some snails are going after and the emeral crab is hiding underneath the bubble watching the inverts eat the fish and just waiting for a chance to snatch it up.

How long could this go on for?

12. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

Cute avatar! She looks like a happy pup!

How long could what go on for? The coral deflating? You might not have thawed it all the way, or it just didn't care for the silverside's, it's hard to say really. Maybe thaw one out tonight and chop it into smaller pieces and try again. If that doesn't work, do you have access to any of the Rod's foods at any store? Rod's food is seriously the best food ever made IMO, the fish and coral go absolutely insane when it hits the tank.