What's it doing?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

Ok, so another question about my bubble. Lights have been off for a little over half an hour, and i found it like this. It's never been like this before, tonight was the first time i fed it, i fed it a few small pieces of silver sides and it took the food. If you have seen my other posts it's been growing like crazy.

Is this it splitting or is it just the mouth?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

Awsome!!! How did the feedings go??? I didn't see your other thread.

Oh, it looks like it's saying FEEEEEED MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha

4. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

Looks like the mouth, not sure but it could be inflating like plate corals do from time to time.

5. coloradoReef

coloradoReef 3reef Sponsor

That is his mouth. Its normal.

6. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

!!!

btw I am really jealous of that bubble Puffer, HE"S SO HUGE!!!! And bright green! You usually just see the paler one's for sale, a steel for 50 bucks IMO.

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

the feeding went ok, my parents wouldnt let me use a blender so i just cut up two pieces of fish and at first i placed them inbetween the bubbles then the feeders came out, held them over the feeders then they took them in! so cool! only thing is my silver sides are so frozen its really hard to brake them, ice went everywhere

its really neat

ok glad to hear its normal, maybe ill try feeding him again a little bit tomorrow as i didnt feed him a whole lot, i wasnt able to feed my brain like i wanted to because the feeding tenticles werent out but at least i got to do my bubble

hahaha he is a monster. And this guy was actually paler one, they had three for sale, this one, one that was really dark green, and a larger bubble in their DT so i got this one, i think its getting better with my light and flow

8. Click Here!

9. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Looks like the mouth. I see the same thing with my open brain when the lights are out.

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

see i wish my brain would do something so i can feed it, i have seen the feeders out once, in the week ive had it, i want to feed it but if the tenticles arent out i dont know if it would take the food before the fish and inverts get it

11. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

Ummmmm, you did unthaw them before feeding right???

Glad to hear it went well, did the brain eat anything?

12. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

Never mind I just saw your post :) Who knows, your lights may be enough to sustain it. Kind of odd though, they usually love food!