What's in your sump/ fuge? I need macro...

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Optimist, Apr 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Optimist

Optimist Peppermint Shrimp

wow!
    Oh, okay.. that kind of nutrient. I don't call that nutrient cuz it don't benefit my tank... lol. Thank you for clearing that up. I was like why do I wanna feed that stuff too!

>>>>> what Tiger says. >>>>>>
    Agreed. I usually have low to no levels of NH3-4,NO2,NO3,PO3-4... I was using it for preventitive maintenance for when I am out of the country and can't get to my tank.

I don't want to throw a clam in there before I leave and hope it works. (I am unfamiliar with clam taking that kind of "nutrient" out of the water. I have actually heard that Xenia like "dirty" tanks so you may be right about them taking stuff out of the water. THAT IS NOT A HIT TOWARD YOUR TANK BEING DIRTY. So please don't take offense to it.

2. Click Here!

3. Optimist

Optimist Peppermint Shrimp

Thank you all for your replies!
    I have to see if I can locate some Ulva locally.

4. One Dumm Hikk

One Dumm Hikk Skunk Shrimp

I have low levels of those 4 also, and I don't have algae in the tank :)

There was no offense taken. I can just add you to the people I disagree with about intentionally putting algae in a tank to try to control how much algae grows in the tank :)

But, who harvests your algae while you are gone? Or does it just die off and release everything its taken up back into the water along with everything else in it?

Both setups require different approaches. And I didnt want to get into it in this thread but if someone will start a new thread on algae versus not and PM me a link to it, we can go through the pros/cons of algae or not in a seperate thread and leave this one the way it started, a question about what people have in there sumps :)