What's going on...please help

Discussion in 'Algae' started by nemo79, Aug 14, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

You may be in essence, having high levels of dissolved organic matter or photorganic matter that is aiding fuel to the fire to spur micro growth. Aslo you can never get your phosphate level to 0. The reason is that the phosphate removers handle the inorganic form of phosphate(orthophosphate only, and disregard the organic form , that typicall helps to grow micro

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Get as many as you can LOL can't have to many Also I'd ask are you dosing elements Like Iodine ?If so cut them out and especially iodine

4. nemo79

nemo79 Zoanthid

The only thing I dose is for ca, alk, and reef plus. The reef plus has iodine in it but I haven't been dosing it because I read your response on another thread that iodine aids to hair algae growth. I never dosed reef plus regularly, just once in a blue moon. How do I know if I have dissolved organics in my tank???

I would love to order 100's of snails off ebay but to get them across the border is the BIG problem.

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Look for the ones that ship world wide. They will know what broker to go through. Ask them a question before you bid.

6. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

can I post something to here from another site that I think is valuable to this posters question?

7. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

8. Click Here!

9. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

any copyright laws or disclaimers I need to be worried about? I will not take credit for it!

10. mandarin11

mandarin11 Peppermint Shrimp

3 words. Mexican turbo snails. I got some for my tank when I ran into a hair algae problem. They cleaned it right up. You don't have to get many at all. Loved 'em to death, especially since my tank was next to a window.

11. nemo79

nemo79 Zoanthid

I have 3 xl mex.turbo snails. I love them.