What would you do?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 13, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

What would you do?

Poll closed Jan 23, 2010.
  1. dont spend any more money on tank and keep as is

61.2%
  2. go ahead and finish stocking

8.2%
  3. sell the entire tank and ger new tank later

10.2%
  4. sell livestock and keep the tank

26.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

thanks for the great advice :D

how much does everything think i would need to save up to move out? Going from California to Colorado? I was aiming 1-2k plus whats left in my savings bonds

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

oh puffer chick :D just keep what you have and take care of that in 10 months sell ur live stock , move and set ur tank back up .since u have all ur equipment already keep it !!! because its harder to spend money on hobbies when ur on ur own :D. just my 3 cents

1 person likes this.
  4. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Well, I think my last move was around 3k? You can do it cheaper the less you move.

It adds up quickly.

I would assume you need a truck to move furniture and tow your car, apartment deposit + 1st months rent, some utility companies require a deposit to turn on electricity (some don't), you will need to re-register your car in the new state, gas / hotel for the trip, plus all the other stuff that will add up once you actually get where you're going, if you don't know anybody where you're moving to, you may need to pay people to help you move in, etc.

Save 3-4k to be safe.

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea i think if i were to sell everything i wouldnt have any money in the long run to set up an entirely new system
    3k isint to bad, i figured i spent 3.5k on my ank in the past 6 months, so might be possible to save up. i also have about 3-4k left in savings bond so that's a good saftey net, but i would rather save up as much as i can and only use those if i have to

6. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Good idea.

Make sure to get employment beforehand. Try to get your new employer to pick up part of the tab or all of it, if possible :)

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea i think finding a job will be harder than the move out. lol unless i could get a job from COReefer lol at his new store :p

8. Click Here!

9. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Finding jobs across country is all about connections. Once you get in an area, it's sometimes hard to get out unless you know someone, or work diligently to find a job where you want to go. Scheduling interviews can be hard unless you can fly out to interview and then go back home. If you can afford to live a few months paying your bills with no job then it's OK to move and then look (and take the chance of running out of funds if it takes a year to get a job), but with the economy in the current shape, it will be hard. It also depends on the kind of job you're looking for. If you really want to go to Colorado I advise taking a vacation there and staying for 3-4 days, and avoid the tourist traps so you know what you are really moving to.

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea i know no one up in CO so it will be hard, ill probably be willing to take almost any job so long it pays the bills and probably have to do two jobs. I'm also thinking about gaining a year residency before going to school so it will be cheaper. I would like to save up enough to be able to leave my job by december and start flying back and forth for interviews and stuff but plane tickets would be expensive and i still have my current bills that i would have to pay, so no idea if that would be possible.

11. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

That would be really cool. Maybe he would give you discounts on stuff for your tank if you worked for him :)

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

haha lol you readin this COReefer lol you really wouldnt have to hire me if you dont want to :p but that would be awesome lol