What Would you do?

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Twz, Dec 31, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Twz

Twz Plankton

Well i got myself a new 65 gallon and i can choose how to do my drain and return
    I Like this here
    But there are quite abit of flaws Such as how to stop the two returns on eather side from draining the tank,
    and any other things you would like to add
    Heres what i would like to do

[​IMG]
    I Need it to be as quite as possible as i dont want any dead spots in the tank,
    i like the idea of an overflow box but i dont like how it takes up room in the tank any ideas?

2. Click Here!

3. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

to stop the two returns from draing the tank when the power goes out, just drill a hole near the water level in the pipe. When the power goes out air will be sucked up to the top of the bend and stop the siphon. When the power is on you will only have a little water being pushed out of the hole.

Welcome to 3reef!

P.S What do you plan on doing with this tank (reef?, FO?) and did you use google sketchup? im still trying to figure it out, lol. Great tank design by the way!

4. Twz

Twz Plankton

Yes,
    Im planning on doing a reef,
    i used google sketch up,
    still not sure what do do for aqua scape yet i was thinking about doing this
    Reef Central Online Community - 180G UK reef
    but my only concern is a nitrate spike from having the rock out of the water that long and i have to move my BTA to this tank and dont want it to die =(
    how small should the hole be?